To view as a PDF, click here.
September 29, 2021
The well pump will not be fixed before the start of the school day on Thursday, September 30. Central High School students and staff will be learning remotely on Thursday, September 30. The pump should be fixed sometime Thursday afternoon for students to return to in-person learning on Friday, October 1. There are several items that need to be communicated. Please see the list below.
- Attendance – Each teacher is to post an attendance question in his/her individual Google Classroom stream. Please respond to the attendance question in order to be considered present for that class period.
- Textbook Pickup – The high school will be open Thursday, September 30 at 7:30 a.m. for students to pick-up books needed for the day. The only door that will be open will be the main entrance.
- Class Schedule – We will follow our regular period and bell schedule, in the event that teachers wish to a Zoom meeting. Below is the period schedule
1 8:15 a.m.-8:58 a.m.
2 9:02 a.m.-9:45 a.m.
3 9:49 a.m.-10:33 a.m.
4 10:37 a.m.-11:20 a.m.
5 (A) 11:24 a.m.-11:54 a.m. Lunch/
11:58 a.m.-12:41 p.m. Class
5 (B) 11:24 a.m.-12:07 p.m. Class/
12:11 p.m.-12:41 p.m. Lunch
6 12:45 p.m.- 1:28 p.m.
7 1:32 p.m.- 2:15 p.m.
8 2:19 p.m.- 3:00 p.m.
Staff will be available during this time.
- Technology Issues – Any technology issue/concern needs to be communicated with the appropriate teacher(s).
- Packet Requests – Students needing packets should make that request to Mr. Shaner (firstname.lastname@example.org). Packets may be picked at the high school beginning at 9:30 a.m.
- KACC Students – A bus will provide transportation for students attending Kankakee Area Career Center and leave promptly at 10 a.m. Students should park in the back parking lot.
- SALT Students – A bus will provide transportation for students attending SALT. SALT students should ride the route buses to Central High School and wait for the SALT bus, which will leave promptly at 8:05 a.m.
- After-School Activities – No decision has been made at this time concerning Thursday’s after-school activities.
Thank you for your patience and support during this year.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com or call 815-694-2321. If there is additional information, it will be shared with you.