Choral Department Update 01.02.13
The updated scoop
Greetings everyone and a Happy New Year!
I wanted to take this opportunity to inform you of important upcoming items.
1. DISNEY FUNDRAISER orders and money are due tomorrow, Thursday, January 3, 2013. If you do not have class tomorrow, please stop by and give them to either Mr. Kohn or myself.
2. There is a CUSD #4 Music Booster's Meeting on Tuesday, January 15, 2013 beginning at 7:00 pm in the CHS Band Room. Please plan on being in attendance to help with preparations for all the events occuring in the spring semester.
3. We will be working on a new procedure during the Solo & Ensemble segment of class to try and get the most out of each of our rehearsal sessions. The goal is to get some stronger structure to the time so that we aren't wasting the least amount of time in the class with distractions.
4. I am in need of a parent or two to head up the organization of the parent workers for Solo & Ensemble Contest. If you are interested in spear-heading this effort, please simply respond to this email. We really need to have a list of the workers completed by the end of the month of January.
5. Reminder that everyone's assistance is needed in the preparation and operation of Solo & Ensemble Contest, which we are hosting this year. The funds raised during the concessions from Solo & Ensemble Contest go toward the cost of the buses for the students on the Disney Trip.
6. Reminder that we will be having a student teacher from ONU joining us this spring. Her name is Ms. Holmes. We are excited to have this opportunity to be the training ground for future educators in the field and hope that you will welcome her as she begins her observations tomorrow.
7. Reminder that Saturday, April 13, 2013 and Monday, April 15, 2013 are both MANDATORY Choral Events. The first date is Organizational Contest at Reed-Custer. The second date is our Spring Concert with the High School Band. Everyone is expected to be at these events. Any pre-approved absences were to already be approved.
8. I will begin posting these reminders on the website under my name as well so that you can find them if you aren't accessing Skyward frequently.
I hope that the last few weeks have been relaxing and revitalizing with friends and family. I look forward to an extremely successful semester ahead as we begin 2013.