Who we are...
by Eva McGill
August 18, 2010
CO$T stands for Clifton Central Comets Operation Safer Teens and we came into being during the 2007-2008 school year thanks to grant money from IDOT and Allstate Insurance. We have made it our mission to make CHS drivers safer drivers. At the same time, we want to encourage our community to be safer drivers as well.
CO$T is part of the SADD group at CHS. If you have an interest in helping our students and community make wise choices, join the group! Anyone is welcome and we're always looking for new ideas.
Some of our accomplishments include:
- 5th Place for our region in the 2010 OTSD campaign (but we're not worried)
- 1st Place for our region in the 2009 OTSD campaign
- 2nd Place for our region in the 2008 OTSD campaign
- Participating in the Ford Driving Skills for Life Ride & Drive 2008, 2009, 2010
- 3rd Place in the nation for the NOYS Rural Youth Traffic Safety Message competition in 2009 (plus a trip to Washington, DC to meet the Secretary of Transportation)
- Travel to Nashville, TN to present and attend the Lifesavers Conference
To date CO$T has brought over $12,000 in grant and prize money to Central to continue our mission!
CO$T would like to thank you for all of your support in the past and we encourage you to check in to see what we're up to as we go through the school year. And remember to "Put it on. Put it away. Just slow down. Say no way!"