Welcome to the Wonderful World of First Grade!
By Brenda Yohnka
September 14, 2015
- weekly reading fluency and daily homework are due every Friday
- assessments are given every Friday (even on early release days)
- review your child's papers every night and sign the purple communication folder
- Friday, September 18 - early release at 11:15 am
- Tuesday, September 22 - fall picture day
- Tuesday, October 6 - parent/teacher conferences (3:30 - 8:00)
- Thursday, October 8 - parent/teacher conferences (3:30 - 8:00)
- Friday, October 9 - no school (teacher institute)
- Monday, October 12 - no school (Columbus Day)
We have settled into our daily routine. The students know our classroom and school procedures and expectations. Our goal is to become independent thinkers and workers but yet be able to communicate with others in small group settings.
The cooler weather is a welcome change. The first two weeks were extremely hot but we persevered and made it! In addition to our weekly homework please make sure that your child reads or is read to each night and practices math facts (addition to 20 at this time.)